Sunday, April 10, 2016

Salt Creek Pupfish in Death Valley



Like the sign says, "You have to be tough to make it in Death Valley!" These little pupfish are their own species left from ancient Lake Manly which used to be in Death Valley. They live in this Salty Creek that most animals couldn't abide. They race around feeding and breeding because their life expectancy maxes out at one year so they have to fill the measure of their creation while they have the chance.

When I think of all the ways plants and animals have survived and adapted, I know there's always a way for me to survive and adapt as well. Thanks to the atonement of Jesus Christ and the Gift of the Holy Ghost, I have the tools I need to progress. These are some of the deep thoughts I have while meandering around in national parks.

1 comment:

  1. This was our kids' favorite part of Death Valley. Seeing so many fish and noticing no vegetation in the stream, talking about how salty it was and just seeing how energetic those fish were!

    ReplyDelete