Thursday, April 14, 2016

9:16 p.m.

I am perpetually perplexed at how other teachers manage to have clean desks. I work at school. I don't usually bring work home because I am seldom home and when I am home, I have this distraction called a husband who deserves a little conversation and I have other work to do like laundry and cleaning and church work.

I am sometimes befuddled at how people actually get home from work. For example, yesterday I left my school at 4:04 p.m., just four minutes after my contract time. I went to my hair appointment which is scheduled every two months. Immediately after that I did drive to my home, but I didn't go in because I texted my husband that I was leaving the salon and would pick him up. I never turned the car off. I just texted, "Here." He came down and we went straight to the temple to do sealings for our family cards. I needed to get those done while I could still kneel. We finished with that and got back to my car in the temple parking lot around 8:30 p.m. We were both starving so we stopped at the State Street Grill for burgers (our first visit there). Walked into our for the first time all day at 9:16 p.m.

Getting my hair done is no crime. Going to the temple is a good thing. Eating dinner is somewhat essential. When do other people accomplish these tasks and still manage to correct papers at home?

Not only did I not work overtime without compensation by correcting papers and making lesson plans, I also ditched my four Scouting units as Unit Commissioner. Both Cub Scout units and both Eleven Year Old Scout Units meeting at 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday evenings (in two separate buildings). I can only be in so many places at once.

At least the Lord has things for me to do. Keeps me out of trouble I suppose.

I know. They probably don't spend time blogging.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you!!! I usually had to spend a couple of Saturdays a month...12-14 hours...cleaning and organizing. My last 4 or 5 years, I got to bed at 11:30 or 12:00, and up at 4:30.

    ReplyDelete