Sunday, April 10, 2016

Death Valley National Park in 1.5 days



So these are all taken from Texas Spring Campground, which is slightly above sea level. We tried camping at Furnace Creek so we could say we slept below sea level, but the place was packed. I don't know that I've ever seen any better stars than on our first night there! Wowzers. And I saw a falling star! Just beautiful, happy stars. Sorry you missed it.

It was hot there, but not as hot as the last time we were there. We stopped off at the VC when we first arrived and their big temperature sign out front read 104. We needed no sleeping bags when it was time to go to bed. We wore jammies, but even light jammies were too much clothing. By morning, the breeze had picked up and it was only 75 or 80, so that was refreshing, but yes, we were sweating in our tent.

The restrooms were all great with flushing toilets and sinks with running water. It was a fun place with rocks to climb on and that sort of thing. Please note that I did homework at our picnic table. I was reading research and highlighting my little heart out in Death Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment