Saturday, July 21, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 31

The days are sort of starting to run together, I tell ya. No pool today because I continued culling books, a project started yesterday afternoon. I'm getting rid of over a hundred books and those shelves sure needed dusting! Pretty much, that's what we did for quite a while as The Mister got in on some of the organizing as well!

The biggest news of the day is that I babysat for a family with three children. It's been awhile since I've done that, which is funny, because I used to babysit all the time. Babysitting paid for practically my whole college education (I was a nanny for five summers on the East Coast) if you consider nanny-ing, working at the preschol/daycare, and babysitting for the Howell Family and others. The only non-babysitting work I did in college was typing papers for grad students. Oh, and a couple of scholarships and grants.

There was a five year old girl, a three year old boy, and a fifteen month old boy. The mom had to leave right away to meet her honey for a hot date, so of course, the baby began to cry. Poor kid, I was the only woman to cling to and yet, all he could do was look away and sort of hyperventilate at the same time. Couldn't let go of me, but hated to have to hold on--such a fix he was in. He calmed down when I put him in his high chair. The three year old boy immediately began wearing my sandals around (I had left them at the door), pulling on the decorative strings attached to my capris/shorts at the knee and unsnapping the pockets on my backside while I mixed up dinner. The five year old was ecstatic about giving me a special picture she colored of the two of us (with hearts! my fave!), folded in a very professional manner. They didn't lose a second asking for their yogurt popsicles for dessert. We played games, read books, the baby went right down, more games, more books, potty, brush teeth, prayer, and I didn't hear a peep from anyone. Easy, EASY kids!

While reading, the three year old decided to put both hands on my face to squeeze it into various positions. While changing the baby before bed, the other two decided to play with him by grabbing the pacifier out of his mouth and throwing it and then tickling him and bringing several toys and stuffed animals to him. The baby began to laugh and when I commented, the five year old said, "He LIKES us!" Such a sweet family. The five year old won all three games of bingo and admonished me at one point to not cheat by looking. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again, Jody! And thank you for doing the dishes--that was a dream come true! You are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete