Sunday, July 8, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 21


Lake McDonald is my favorite lake, I'm pretty sure. The following images are looking north, looking south, and then our stop at Garnet, another ghost town. We met my youngest sister, Angie, for lunch in Missoula, but I completely forgot to get her photo. The Mister and I packed it in the best we could on this trip. There are so many details I'm leaving out. We made chicken fajitas one night (a new camping menu for us to change things up a bit) and pork and noodles another night. We paid $2.50 each for shower tokens and just as I got in to the shower booth and undressed after waiting for three other ladies to have their showers, a man opened the door to the place (but not my booth) and said, "Maintenance! The showers will close in ten minutes!" Oh great. The tolken would produce hot water for eight minutes, but if I took the whole eight minutes, that would only leave two minutes for dressing and that was cutting it a little close for me, so I hurried through my "shower" and dressed, feeling nervous the whole time that Mr. Maintenance was coming back any second. We went to an evening program about wildlife and the ranger said someone that very day had encountered a grizzly on the trail (in an area near where we were hiking) and a man in the front row raised his hand and said, "That was me and my wife!" Turns out they followed the protocols and did everything right and all was well. K has been to Yellowstone three times, Grand Teton twice, Glacier once, and he has still never seen a bear in the wild. While driving home, he said, "Well, now that we have bear spray, maybe we should go back to Yellowstone." So many trips, so little time. However, I feel pleased that we've been able to spend so much time together and that my Summer Vacation has been meaningful and not wasted. We will rest this week and catch up on household chores. But Yellowstone and so many other places are calling to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment