Friday, July 20, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 30

Another no-photo day, which is fine. Woke up, studied, ate, went to the pool, showered, dressed, and departed for The Big Meeting about the health insurance changes in the district.

Does anyone else work for a company which gives you FIVE plans from which to choose? We still haven't decided, but I don't like little games that make me think I'm playing Black Jack in Vegas. Hubby decided that after the meeting would be a great time to try a new restaurant, Chubby's. Chubby's??? Yes, Chubby's. My grilled chicken was great, I must say. And there were ten LDS missionaries in there chowing down so I guess they liked it too.

Back at the ranch, we looked up all of our health care expenses for the last ninety-two months on Quicken to see just what we've been spending on office visits, medications, and surgeries. I'm so glad the hubster can just pull up these colorful little pie charts so we can see where the money has been going.

I went off to finish my visiting teaching for the month. Pleasant! D-O-N-E, done!

Upon returning home, something possessed me to start purging our home of books. I keep a LOT of books around. It was an emotional experience to decide to give up some of my favorite series which mean so much to me, and yet, I know I'll probably never read again. I always pictured myself having this dreamy home library so the children would grow up surrounded by worthy literature in a home of learning, however, there are no children and we're not home that often. K reads nonfiction mostly, so I decided to declutter and reduce the amount of worldy possessions we have--there's only so much you can fit into a seven hundred square foot apartment. I will try to let the library store most of my books and just know that these copies in these series will go on to bless someone else. Don't worry, there are still a couple thousand books in my classroom for my fifth graders, but these series were a little too old for fifth graders and so I will part with them. Yes, the library can store our books, iTunes can store our music, and Netflix can keep track of our DVD's. My dad says you spend the first half of your life accumulating stuff and the last half trying to get rid of it. I guess my life is half over!

We had leftovers for dinner and K's mom called, so we each chatted with her. Called my sister to see if she wants any books and she does! See? I've already found a good home for them! Had good intentions of going to school today, but I never made it there. And just like that, THIRTY DAYS of summer vacation are...poof!...gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment