Thursday, July 12, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 25


K kindly pointed out my little pile of sandals and flip flops which had somehow accumulated in the middle of the dining room...how did that happen??? For the last decade or so, it's been nothing but hiking boots and brown socks! And these are not all of the pairs of sandals and flip flops I own. I wonder why I need so many different pairs. In fact, I'm certain I need more. Sandals. And flip flops. I just do.

I drove up the canyon this morning to volunteer at the cave, but S. was missing from her duty post. School was calling my name, so I worked there again today. Couldn't stay long though, because I really wanted lunch. I added tomato, mushrooms, and salmon to the leftover salad from Olive Garden yesterday. Dee. Vine!

With lunch came dish duty, a little more laundry, and receipts (we keep spending and we keep wearing clothes). And a shower (no point in showering before the cave trail, at least for this sweat monster). I cleaned and organized some things in our closet and then...drum roll please...I ironed. I ironed while watching Simon Birch, a nice-ish movie, but a little too cheezy for even me--ruined the emotion that was supposed to be there. My favorite line between these two twelve year old boys was, "Why won't your mom just tell you who your father is? You already know you're a b@$t@rd. You may as well be an enlightened one." Anyway, the ironing took exactly the same amount of time as the movie, so that worked out well.

We had spaghetti for dinner, if you must know. K did the dinner dishes. I've been reading a lot and appreciating the time to do so. This evening, we walked down to the pool. K left early, but I stayed until I was the last one there. However, I did leave before Jose arrived to lock up.

There was a couple in the pool clinging to each other, face to face, while talking and giggling. Didn't take long for me to figure out it was their first date. I think they're both in their thirties. He casually mentioned, between giggles, that he has sleep apnea. She didn't catch on. She asked, "Oh? You have trouble sleeping? When I can't sleep, I read a book at one in the morning!" He caught on that she didn't catch on. More giggles. He explained sleep apnea a little further and mentioned he'd had surgery to enlarge his windpipe and that was necessitated by acid reflux. More giggles. Then he said, "I guess I shouldn't be talking about all my ailments on a first date!" More giggles, more clinging. She followed up with, "Well how else are we supposed to get to know each other?!?" There were about fifteen other people around, jumping, diving, splashing, and what not, but those two were oblivious. With all the splashing, they spoke more loudly, so I wouldn't call it eavesdropping. I'd call it entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment