Tuesday, July 10, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 23

Doctor appointment, car wash, bank, pharmacy, reading, laundry, swimming, and the monthly Relief Society Midweek Meeting (it was wonderful! thanks to all the ladies who planned, prepared, and participated). I had a perfectly ripened avocado sliced on my sandwich for lunch along with mustard, tomato, spinach and turkey--divine! I also had fresh cherries with lunch--divine! Love, LOVE, LOVE having time in the summer to prepare fresh, healthy lunches here at home. And time to peacefully sit and savor them.

I love having a clean car, inside and out, but sadly, I just don't keep up with it like I used to. The inside doesn't get too bad, but the outside was a shabby mess. As I tipped the guy for hand waxing it, I expressed my delight and he told me he had a lady come in with a Suburban earlier today with seats that were "practically coated with candy." When she came back later to retrieve her vehicle, she started to cry because she was so happy with how clean it was. She asked how they had done it. He said, "Ma'am, I had six people working on your car for two hours straight!" Cleanliness can be so temporary and yet so satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment