Wednesday, June 19, 2013

YELL Day 6



Tuesday 18 June 1013...

Here's my friend, Sacagawea (or some still say Sacajawea, but I've been taught). We visited...don't quite know the proper name of it...perhaps Buffalo Bill Historic Center...but anyway, it's the big huge five-in-one musuem in Cody, Wyoming. It's very nice! The five parts of the museum are: Firearms, Western Art, Plains Indians, Buffalo Bill, and Natural History. Both the Smithsonian and National Geographic have special exhibits there. The firearms museum alone has over 2700 firearms on display. I noticed that part of the musuem had the most "I need a break" seating and I did spy some wives dozing and/or yawning while their husbands knocked themselves out.

K got to eat lunch at his beloved Taco John's. I survived. Somehow. Then I ended up beating him at miniature golf. This was our very first time ever playing mini golf with each other! K couldn't believe it asking, "Didn't we go to Trafalga once?" I said, "Nope, you must be thinking of some other girl..."

We did some photo developing and some shopping and then we ate at Bubba's Bar-B-Q (nice salad bar!). Then we headed back to the park to attend a program at Bridge Bay about the park service and its history.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fabulous museum. I'd love to go there some day. Sacagawea is one of my favorite people in history - amazing person, and amazing story!

    ReplyDelete