Sunday, June 30, 2013

YELL Day 14

Friday 06/28/2013
Headstone shopping. That's what we did today. It's really crazy trying to pick out a grave marker for your mom's grave. Fortunately, my sister and Leo were there to help! She did all the driving today and we all met in Great Falls. It took about an hour to look, discuss, decide, and pay. They will email a drawing and we can get that sent out to all the siblings.

Afterward, the three of us met at Boston's for lunch. I had pasta. Then we headed to the home town to close out Mom's PO Box (a sentimental task for me...). The post office was closed for their noon hour, so my sister and I went to Sunset Hills to look around and felt good about our decisions for the grave marker.

Turns out I left my checkbook at the post office and got a call from my credit union when we were, oh, 25-30 miles down the road a piece. My dear sister patiently turned around and took me all the way back to retrieve it.

On the way back to the post office, we saw a black cow in a green field with a placenta hanging out of her. Sounds yucky I know, but it was actually a beautiful sight with her little black calf on the ground while she looked at it and sniffed it. Seems late in the season for a calf, but I was happy for her. When we passed by again, she was licking her baby. Some calves are forced from the warmth of their mother's body and dumped out on hard packed snow in below freezing temperatures in February. This one was born on soft grass on a hot June day. Good luck, you two. I hope all is well.

We got back to my sister's place and I literally stepped out of her car and into mine, making a beeline for the park. All this driving! I stopped at Wheat Montana to get treats for K.

No comments:

Post a Comment