Sunday, June 30, 2013

YELL Day 13

Thursday 06/27/2013

Sadly, no pics. I left early to drive to my sister's place in Montana. I spent the afternoon with her and her grandchildren at the community pool. It was fun! For two little girls, ages 6 and 4, it was only their second experience ever in a pool. I was able to teach them a couple of confidence building things to the point where they were jumping off the side of the pool so I could "catch" them. The little four year old jumped and I pulled her up when she went under and she loved it exclaiming, "Now YOU jump and I'll catch YOU!" I had to let her know that wouldn't work.

My sister is a wonderful cook. Outstanding. She gave me leftovers for lunch which were divine scalloped potatoes and ham. After swimming, she took us all for ice cream. And then for dinner, she grilled ribeye steaks and served those with twice baked potatoes, asparagus, and watermelon. Oh, and there was a great salad with greens, tomatoes, shrimp, and sunflower seeds. Her husband had a long day at work outside doing hard labor in really hot temperatures. Still, he'll never know how lucky he is to have someone like my sister cooking those wonderful meals for him every night.

My sister has six dogs and two cats in her house. I won't enumerate all of the outside animals. Their dogs are the sweetest, nicest, most loving animals you could ever hope to meet. I may have said this before, but if you are one of the really lucky pets born to this world, then you have my sister to nurture you throughout your life. The peacocks screamed occasionally but consistently until the sun went down. They sound like cats in distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment