Sunday, June 30, 2013

Attending Ranger Programs



Saturday 06/22/2013

I have the opportunity to attend a lot of ranger programs. K has the opportunity to present a lot of ranger programs. He hates it when I take pictures of him in action, but you know, I decided to post some of those pictures anyway. I attended his 10:00 a.m. ranger led hike to Storm Point and I also attended his 2:00 p.m. Featured Creature program about moose.

The hike begins at Indian Pond and then goes through the meadow, into the trees, along the lake shore, to the beach, and back through the forest and meadow. There's a contingency of marmots living in their fortress of rock palaces near the lake and they are characters. Always a big hit with the visitors (rodents, seriously, are the most photographed wildlife in the history of the universe!)! I had to chuckle to myself at one of our stops. As K was interpreting (speaking), a marmot popped up and seemed to be hanging on the ranger's every word, listening intently. And some of them whistle pretty loudly. The hike is a 2.3 mile loop. It spit on us at times, but the real rain held off until we got back to our cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment