Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ropes Course Training



Yesterday was my last day of the school year. My students finished 30 May, but every week day since them I've been paid and/or mandated to attend all day meetings and trainings. Today, finally, I'm "free" so to speak. So yesterday was Ropes Course Training at Clear Creek. Just to put this right out on the table, I'm a chicken about all things "ropes course" for myself. But I'm a huge proponent of my students participating. I did step onto the Whale Watch and I did step onto the Amazon Log, but that was it...chicken, chicken, chicken. I mostly participated by spotting others. Still, I learned a lot, was impressed with the teaching style of the trainer, and enjoyed being with fifth grade teacher buddies. Clear Creek is such a beautiful property and I'm excited to take students there again in the fall!!!

I wonder what summer vacation will bring this year...I'll have to think up a name or title for my vacation posts. I believe last year was BYGTWSO (But You Get the Whole Summer Off!) or some such thing. I'll think on it and get back to you. June 11-August 14...technically free of career obligations (though we all know teachers still do stuff for their careers/classrooms/new batch of students)! TWO months! Let's not waste it!

1 comment:

  1. Your summer posts need to be something about Yellowstone because we all know you will spend a lot of time there! Maybe something about Yellowstone vs. Utah Valley?

    ReplyDelete