Monday, April 30, 2012

Hopelessly Devoted

She is absolutely serious about her duties. I can hardly catch her away from her nest these days. These babies are in great hands! I had my students write about their mothers. Some of the responses included piles of x's and o's, very lovey-dovey. According to some, their mothers "mean everything" to them and "have taught them everything" and they "do everything." Some were more specific--their moms do their hair and feed them. Some described their mothers..."she likes to keep her hair short and mostly red-ish." Some moms play video games. One boy said his mom was awesome because "she lays treats out for us to eat every day after school!" One fellow described his mother as "a nice but demanding person." I often wonder if more parents should be a tad more demanding. My favorite comment came from a boy who says it like I've never heard it said before, "My mom is the main piece in my puzzle." Does anyone know how I can get my paragraphs back?

1 comment:

  1. I think Google/Blogger needs a serious kick in the head. I keep having to have Justin mess with the HTML in mine so that I can write between my pictures. (And I'm still bitter about Google HQ not having a museum or something for visitor's!)

    ReplyDelete