Monday, June 22, 2015

CL Day 4



Tuesday 9 June 2015

Today is my daddy's birthday! Loved talking to him!

I went on K's Mud Volcano walk. A little girl looked at the bison sleeping over in Mud Geyser and asked her dad in her high-pitched three-year-old voice, "So the bison just LIKES to sleep in the middle of all the stinky stuff?!?"

Sour Lake is sour. It has a pH level of 0.2. Battery acid has a level of 1.0 and neutral is 7.0. Don't touch Sour Lake! There were grizzly tracks at Grizzly Fumarole.

I made stuffed mushrooms for the ranger potluck tonight. I loved talking to other park employees and seeing old friends. If it were up to me, we would invite a different ranger over for dinner every single night, but K is not that social. He's okay with a potluck every now and then, but INVITE PEOPLE OVER FOR DINNER??? Hardly ever. Maybe just family when they're in town. If we're truly judged on the thoughts and intentions of our hearts as the scriptures say, then I'll have a lotta brownie points coming my way for wanting to have people over and trying to reach out.

No comments:

Post a Comment