Tuesday, July 16, 2013

YELL Day 22



Thursday 07/11/2013

While you were all out getting your free mini slurpees from 7-11, I was finishing my Junior Ranger Wolf Badge by walking barefoot in the sand on the shore of Yellowstone Lake, one of the requirements. Because I don't want to be accused of being a cheater-head, I documented the event with my camera. I love the "beach art" left by others. They tend to stack up driftwood in curious arrays and someone spent some time decorating with stones. The lake is so big, it seems like an ocean and the waves roll in similarly. Soothing. I drove out to Mary Bay afterward and found that purple reigns this time of year. K tried to take me to the Employee Pub for pizza, but they were carding and since I don't have an employee ID, they wouldn't let me in. They don't care that I'm the ranger's wife. Oh, well, who are we, Mormons, fighting to get into a lousy pub? K ordered the pizza to go and we ate it at home. And then he solidly beat me at Yahtzee.

No comments:

Post a Comment