Tuesday, July 16, 2013

YELL Day 19



It would seem I keep wearing the same clothes for hiking. In fact, I guess I mostly do. We have been suffering from mosquito bites and yet it's been warm. Putting on sunscreen and bug spray as I step from the shower has become my daily routine. I despise all the chemicals, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I prefer to be comfortable and there are no clothing stores, so my life is very simple and I apologize for the repeated wardrobe on various days. Must work on that!

We hiked to Shoshone Lake, the largest backcountry lake in Yellowstone. It was a beautiful six miles round trip, but you know what? I don't work at the cave anymore and I'm not used to hoofing it six miles in one day. First thing I did when I got there was rip off my Keens and wade into the lake. Ahhhhhh.....!!! Heaven! You should go for the DeLacy Creek Trail! If I can do it, you can do it!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sandy foot picture! And the scenery is beautiful. I enjoy reading about your adventures so much!

    ReplyDelete