Tuesday, July 16, 2013

YELL Day 20



Tuesday 07/09/2013 I failed to mention in yesterday's post that we camped in the park at Lewis Lake for the weekend. The day after Shoshone Lake, we visited Biscuit Basin and hiked up to the Mystic Falls Overlook. Oh, my. Did I mention I don't work at the cave anymore? This was a three mile loop with some elevation involved and I am getting wimpy in my old age. However, it was beautiful and we had the place to ourselves. We also visited many other geyser basins and there's just no way for me to capture everything with my little digital (but I persist in trying! oh, I persist). So that was nine miles of hiking for me in less than twenty-four hours. K wanted to hike from Black Sand Basin over to Old Faithful so he could see some cool stuff along the way. I just didn't have another two miles in me, so he hiked and I drove. I immediately purchased a large ice cream cone and sat outside on the porch at Old Faithful while meeting lots of new friends from all over. People are so friendly and chatty and excited to show me their videos and pictures of Yellowstone, Gettysburg, the Statue of Liberty, and everywhere else they've been. One man gave me a hug goodbye as they left the area. Ice cream and technology--brings folks together. K showed up and promptly purchased ice cream for himself.

1 comment:

  1. Again, I can just picture you there. I loved hearing about how people were drawn to share their trips with you, and their videos. That is so cool. Sometimes that is what the world needs - someone to listen!

    ReplyDelete