Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Lunch

My husband is independent and was raised to be self-sufficient. So am I/was I. However, I always had it in my head that when I got married, my husband might let me cook for him. And he does. Sometimes. I am delighted that he cooks for me as well. It all works out. He just hardly ever lets me make lunch for him. And we really hardly ever have a chance to eat lunch together at home, but when we do, and I offer, he turns me down.

I notice this most on Sundays after Church. We get home and then we start rattling around in the kitchen. Two separate trajectories. For example, today I grabbed for the fresh spinach and a can of garbanzos because I have this great, fast, simple recipe for Garbanzo Spinach Dip (5 ingredients: beans, spinach, garlic, olive oil, and salt--that's it!). Right, yes, I DO know this would not be a top pick for K, however, I'm perfectly willing to set my lunch menu aside in order to make something for him. He started grabbing some things so I offered, "Would you like me to grill a sandwich for you?"

"No," he replied.

So I cooked and blended my dip and got out the tortilla chips, rejoicing in the protein and fiber from the beans and the medicinal, vitamin-rich properties of fresh spinach. I love this dip.

K made a meat and cheese sandwich (those processed lunch meats with "plastic" cheese slices) on white bread. Oh, and he heated up a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli to go with. Right.

I DID cook dinner and he loved it! I guess he just doesn't think I need to waste my time on making his lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment