Saturday, April 27, 2013

Milestone Memories

Mushy post:

I have been kissing the same boy for ten years now. Today is our kissing anniversary and K would not be very happy to know I just posted it here, so sshhh. For the record, he does not keep track of such things, I do.

He says I made the first move. I say he most definitely made the first move and knocked my socks off because I wasn't expecting it. Turns out the quiet park ranger wasn't that shy at all. It happened in the middle of a huge field on the west side of Utah Lake after a long and windy walk and we've never been back to that spot in all these ten years.

Today, before I remembered it was our "anniversary," we decided to go to the temple. The tulips were so pretty and the weather so lovely. I was overwhelmed with happiness. Afterward, we ate out and then grabbed a few household items at Target. We came home and logged receipts. As we looked ahead to the coming week and possible expenses, I saw in my little planner that today was the day. And I felt so happy all over again because we have had a splendid day together and that's all that matters. He is a good man and I am so lucky.

Just a normal day, a Saturday. Just taking care of things that seem important to us and enjoying the journey together. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment