Thursday, April 25, 2013

Carpet Cleaning

The Mister announced recently, "I think we should get the carpets cleaned."

I said, "Okay!"

And then the other day he said, "The carpet cleaners are coming Thursday morning at 9:00 a.m."

I said, "Wow!" He had the coupon and everything. So last night I dutifully asked, "Well, should we move some furniture around to get ready for the carpet cleaners tomorrow?"

And he said, "Nope. I've got it. I'll do it in the morning."

I asked again, "Are you sure?"

He said, "Yep, I'll be fine."

And I thought of all the other times I've been involved in carpet cleaning and what a royal pain it is to move furniture and wait for things to dry (and clean while you're at it because hey, the furniture has to be moved anyway). And I thought about how I was too exhausted to insist.

And then I came home from work today to find stunningly clean carpets. He is a gem, I tell ya!

3 comments: