Monday, March 7, 2016

My Man's Stomach

If it ever seems I'm dangerously close to divorce, just remind me to cook something.

Last night I made Quadruple Chocolate Cake for our faculty potluck today. K even helped. This was rough for him, because he loves this cake and he wasn't going to get any. Valiantly, he supported my efforts and managed to not say a word about feeling sorry for himself.

There was a lot of dessert, so I still had half a cake left at the end of the day. I also had a doctor appointment and thought I should drop the cake off at home on my way to the doctor so it wouldn't melt in the car or whatever. Also, K had the day off and would be home to "enjoy" it. What follows is our texting conversation:

ME: Do you want to come to my appointment with me? It's at 4:45 p.m. I have almost half a cake left. Still need to do homework. Please advise. xxo

K: No. Bring cake home.

ME: I'll drop it off on my way.

K: Okay. Love you!

K: I can come down and get it if you want.

Trust me, he was highly motivated to do whatever he needed to do to get his hands on that cake! You may not have been able to infer his excitement, but that was like a Level 10 out of 10 for excitement.

Love him so much! You have no idea. And I'm glad he cracks me up so often.

3 comments: