Friday, May 9, 2014

Thank You, Appreciators of Teachers!



It's been quite the Teacher Appreciation week! I feel like a spoiled brat. Every time I turned around there was another treat, flower, note, gift card, school supply, photo, lunch, or bottle of water (my favorite drink). Too much kindness perhaps. I hope I am worthy of everyone's time and expense.

One of my parent volunteers was practically begging for papers to correct today and I sent her home with one little set. It's not that I don't want her help, but the mudslide on my desk is beyond help at the moment. You see, I need time to organize before I can even get to the point of accepting an offer of help.

We've been testing since March. We are still not finished. DWA, SAGE, DRA...hence, there's a mudslide on my desk. But we're still having fun. Today, my students used what I call "potluck gift wrapping" to wrap presents for Mother's Day. It's one of my favorites. They joyously use as much tape as they wish. They chop off extraordinary amounts of ribbon and yarn. They stop to have sword fights with the empty tubes left from the used-to-be-there wrapping paper (until I say "halt"). Sometimes they think about coordinating their colors!

I just hope the parents can feel the tangible love that has gone into those packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment