Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Family Gospel Study

I wake up early and go, go, go all day long--not at high speed, but I don't sit on the couch and watch tv after work or anything like that. In the evening, I keep going until I drop out of society. The signals are steady and clear: suddenly incoherent, crankiness sets in, and I can be in the middle of some activity only to abruptly say, "I'm going to bed now." And then I go to bed. Straight away. I climb in and conk out. K says I'm often asleep before my head hits the pillow. The end. All of this makes my husband chuckle. As he's told me a million times, "I've never seen anything like it." Other people have witnessed some of this in me. One of my nanny families in Connecticut could not stop remarking about how when I reach the end of my day, that's it.

I also talk a lot in my sleep. This is highly amusing to my husband, but to my knowledge, he has never recorded me sleep talking. I have been known to fall dead asleep while praying aloud during family prayer. The mister and I always say our evening prayers and once it was my turn so I began. I "paused" in the middle somewhere and that was it. K thought I was deep in thought or feeling some strong emotions or just pondering how to word the desires of my heart. Nope. I was sleeping! While kneeling. He began to chuckle quietly until he couldn't contain it any longer. I briefly woke up to his hearty laughter.

So I arrived in YELL on Saturday evening around 6:15 p.m. We went to dinner after joining the YA Association and then we drove out to Sedge Bay. We played a game of Yahtzee and the yawning began with ferocity. It is the end of the school year, People! I seem to be spending my weekends driving 900 miles to chase that ranger around! I am tired.

K began family gospel study and I guess I was on my way to dreamland. I was still "awake" and dressed but not very "with it." His topic was Christlike Attributes. He asked, "So Jody, can you think of any Christlike attributes?" No response from me, but my eyes were open. He prompted, "M...E..." He was going for "meekness." My brain must have caught hold of something, I swear I don't remember this, and my mouth popped off with, "Meanness?" K laughed. He pushed, "No, Jody, meanness is NOT a Christlike attribute. Can you think of another word?" So I guess the next thing that came out was, "Naughty?" More laughter on K's end. Finally, he said, "Come on. Let's get you to bed."

2 comments:

  1. I do not miss all the work at the end of the year...but, the activities are fun. Also, many kids are suddenly absent! On the last day of school last year, I had 25/37! This year, Lone Peak graduates Friday at 9:00 a.m. But, today I'm going swimming, to the temple, get home taught, and attend a stake RS presidency meeting. Ah...the retired life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing and there is a big grin on my face. I found your story very funny! I hope you catch up on your Z'sss and have a great end of year and start of summer!

    ReplyDelete