Monday, August 19, 2013

How The Croods Have Blessed My Life



Tonight was Back-to-School Night and I loved meeting the children who will be Fifth Graders in my classroom. Such a joy! It's been a busy time preparing everything, cleaning out junk, organizing, shopping, labeling, planning, learning, and all the rest of the effort that goes in to getting ready for a new school year.

Each grade level team at our school was assigned by our principal to choose to a "theme movie" for the upcoming school year. Because I was tucked away in Yellowstone living off grid, I simply told my team to "let me know." They chose The Croods.

The minute I returned from YELL I saw the film at the dollar theatre. Then I asked my neighbor to sew a cave woman costume for me. I purchased fabric and borrowed some natural/earthly looking jewelry, and that was my costume. I'm so glad I put as much thought into it as I did because we ended up spending 2.5 hours in costume on our Professional Development day. We knew we were going to have team photos, but we did not know we would be performing a skit and getting videotaped.

So there was all this zebra print fabric left over and I asked my seamstress if she could make little "erasers" for the student sized whiteboards in every desk.

Talk about going ABOVE and BEYOND! Tonight, she hand delivered 40 (forty!) little "mitts" for my students to use. Each and everyone has the zebra theme fabric with a flannel backing of either blue or green. I am still blown away. Maybe that fabric will help us all to remember how to "Shine Your Way!"

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!!!! I loved the movie. How do your students like their mitts???

    ReplyDelete