Sunday, October 18, 2015

All Is Safely Gathered In



I've said it before and I'll say it again, K is the BEST canning buddy ever! Especially when he's vested! By vested I mean...he'd rather be caught canning tomatoes than apricot jam, but he'll still help with apricots. He just won't eat them.

Wish we could take credit for the actual growing of the produce, but Yellowstone doesn't afford us the opportunity...besides, the deer, elk, bears, etc. would get it all. We credit a wonderful teacher at my school and her husband, Farmer Scott, for generously sharing their bountiful harvest with us. They gave us beautiful carrots, amazingly huge green peppers, yellow crook neck squash, zucchini, cucumber, and loads of tomatoes! I just had to snap a few photographs.

We saved some tomatoes to eat fresh and when K asked me what to do with them (where to put them), I told him to throw them on a plate. So this is what he did with absolutely no coaching from me. He ripped off a paper towel, folded it in half the triangular way, and proceeded to arrange the romas as pictured! It just made me smile. I guess he's picked up a few of my habits after all.

K was so happy while picking tomatoes. Big smile on his face, lots of "Thank You!" pouring from his mouth, and I do believe I detected an extra little skip in his step. We watched football while we canned and then we rejoiced as we counted all the little POPS afterward. We will enjoy gorgeous and nutritious food over the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment