Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Especially their women.

The title of this blog post comes from Wallace Stegner who wrote THE GATHERING OF ZION: THE STORY OF THE MORMON TRAIL. The quote says, "Especially their women. Their women were incredible."

He was talking about Mormon Pioneer Women, but I've got news for ya...the seven ward Primary presidents with whom I serve (and my two counselors and secretary) are no less incredible.

This has been an exceptionally hectic month for me. I've slept in like 5 states this month and have gone to church in at least 2. Today is Day 18 without a refrigerator and I've had lots of homework from my BYU class. I'm wearing a knee brace and Grandpa died. I'm still a visiting teacher and a stake Primary president. I'm still a fifth grade teacher of 18 boys and 12 girls. I wear an orange safety vest for bus duty and a neon yellow safety vest for recess duty. I've seen more blood coming out of my students' bodies this month than in the last five years combined. I'm teaching PE for the first time since 2001. I've worn my National Park Service uniform for volunteering and my Boy Scouts of America uniform for unit commissioner-ing. I have been busy.

So we had to train the ward Primary presidents about how things should be done at stake baptisms. There's not much time in our schedules. Miraculously, my two counselors and secretary all said they could do it tonight. So Sunday night the email went out asking the presidents to meet tonight. Such short notice. Every single person came. They are incredible.

These women are servants of the Lord and wish to do their very best. Some are pregnant and not feeling well. Some brought their babies with them. I was just so humbled that after setting an appointed meeting time for MY schedule, they all made the meeting a priority in their schedules! Each ward in our stake is so lucky and blessed to have these incredible women watching over the children in our area. I am a better person for having crossed paths with such human beings. They are the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment