Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner 2014



We spent a good part of the day driving from Hot Springs, Arkansas to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I've already posted pics from the byway. We got our kicks on Route 66. We found Thanksgiving Dinner at the Sheraton in OKC. They brought us each a plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, I'm-sure-there-was-probably-gravy-on-it-somewhere, and a roll. It was good. There were no seconds so eating at a restaurant for Thanksgiving is an easy way to exercise portion control.

The server came back and told us our three choices for dessert. I would have been happy with any of the three, but I started to get nervous for K. With a smile, she announced: "We have Sweet Potato Pie..." K was not thrilled. He would never touch such a thing. He does not eat yams or sweet potatoes or anything related. Then she said, "We also have Pumpkin Cheesecake..." She was still smiling. K was still not smiling. He loathes pumpkin. This was starting to crack me up. I ADORE pumpkin!!! I was silently hoping her last dessert was going to be a chocolate something because I knew he would be okay with that. It wasn't. Her last choice was, "Or...we have Pecan Pie." Well, he didn't applaud or anything, but he finally looked a bit relieved and answered, "I'll have Pecan!" Whew. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment