Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Buffalo National River



The Buffalo National River is a scenic recreation area in the Ozarks. We hiked in Lost Valley up to Eden Falls whereupon I lost my balance and tore my gastrocnemius (calf muscle). I will be headed for an MRI soon! My tumble took place just as we were descending from that waterfall, so I still had to hike a mile and a half back to the car. Whew! Managed to escape having to call Search and Rescue to haul my sorry carcass away from there. It was a beautiful area and a beautiful day, but it kept me from doing another little hike to a natural bridge that my darling K went on by himself. This was on Tuesday 25 November. I visited the doctor yesterday (after exercising and showering) and he put the kaibash on all exercise for now. My winning streak has ended after 67 weeks and 2 days of DAILY exercise for SIX DAYS A WEEK for a minimum of 36 minutes a day. Shucks.

1 comment:

  1. You visit the most wonderful places! Now I want to go there. Sorry about your injury--may you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete