Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pioneer Day 2014



Thursday 24 July 2014

Today is a state holiday known as Pioneer Day. We have never really celebrated it during our entire marriage because we have always worked on this day or we have been in another state. Perhaps someday...

I went to Wal-Mart at 5:00 a.m. to peacefully shop for school supplies. Such a task each year! I love it though! I love fresh starts. I'm so excited to meet my new batch of amazing fifth graders. I hope I can be just the teacher they need.

I blogged today.

I also used the pool but because of the holiday, Jose was a little late cleaning it so I offered to help! I now know how to vacuum a pool! It was great being in the water again and a nice switch-up for my exercise.

And then I went to school. The place was busy with employees buzzing around even though we're not on contract and it's a state holiday. Teachers are so dedicated! We are a crazy bunch! I took some before pictures of my classroom. I hope it will morph into something that looks ready by back-to-school night...oh, the LIST of things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment