Thursday, July 24, 2014

SV! Day 29



Monday 21 July 2014

Back in college Professor Harry Fritz taught me about a cool Indian named Chief Plenty Coups, a Crow. My roommate, Tiki, also spoke highly of him. I've always wanted to visit Chief Plenty Coups State Park and now I can cross THAT off my list! We also visited his home and stepped briefly into his Honors Room (he kept some photos and awards and momentos of his life locked in that room). The chief's Honors Room reminded me of John Muir's Scribble Room and it made me wonder if I'll ever have a "room." There's something intimate about visiting someone's home. We also walked by the Medicine Spring--a sacred site--the first water they drink after returning from a Sun Quest. We walked around the property and visited his grave. Love you, Chief Plenty Coups!

We drove on to Bighorn Canyon NRA (the northern portion near Yellowtail Dam). We stopped by Shell Falls after crossing the Bighorns on Highway 14. We made a brief stop in Cody for fresh groceries and I couldn't help but snap a picture of these EIGHT dogs in the back of someone's pickup! I promise there are EIGHT!!! Back to Fishing Bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment