Monday, June 18, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 8


Woke up early and studied in the quiet of the morning. Headed to the pool with my Pampered Chef timer counting up so I could really know how long I exercised: 44:58! Had the pool to myself once again with one little fellow showing up on his Razor scooter saying, "Excuse me, could you open the gate? I forgot my key." He happened to be standing at the part of the fence which is right next to the big sign that says, "Children under 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult." So I read it aloud to him and asked, "Who is your responsible adult?" He said, "I don't have one." Ain't that the truth. I feel so bad for the children who run amok in our neighborhood. They just need a little structure, a litte adult supervision, a little more to do.

My heart wanted to let him in, but my head wouldn't let me. I can't be responsible for an unknown ten year kid in the pool. And who says he would have left when I did? I told him he needed to get his mom or dad or someone else who is 14 or older. I tried to be kind with my voice. It's 8:30 in the morning and he just needs stuff to do on a summer day.

Hubby and I balanced our statements and logged our financial receipts. Worked on a little family history research. We did some trip planning. I contacted several members of my family by phone. They all lead such interesting lives. We did laundry and dishes. We cooked. We recycled. I read more of the latest installment of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Made appointments. Chomped celery. Swatted a fly. Looked at maps. Watered the flowers. Clipped coupons. Wrote a list of museums I've never been to but would like to visit this summer. Grated the myzithra. Beat K at Yahtzee. Not because I'm good at it. Just lucky. And then he brought me a little dish of ice cream. With Hershey's chocolate syrup.

1 comment: