Saturday, June 2, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 1

Yesterday was my first day of Summer Vacation. I slept in as long as I could. I stayed in bed and kept my eyes closed even longer, just enjoying the fact that I didn't have to get up for anyone or anything. After feeling completely satisfied that I had truly slept in and had my fill of laziness, I got up. It was 6:08 a.m. I like to study the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the mornings, when I'm fresh. I like the quiet and the cool of the morning. I'm teaching a lesson in Relief Society this Sunday, and so I studied. I'm also hungry in the mornings. I'm a huge fan of breakfast and my doctor tells me people who eat breakfast reduce their chances of developing diabetes by fifty percent. I do not adhere to a traditional breakfast menu common in America. After living in Japan, I got over the fact that you had to have a certain type of food at a certain time of day. So I cooked up a little stir fry with onion, garlic, sweet potato, and tofu. Loved it. Feeling strong, I went to the pool and MOVED for over an hour. No one else was there. It was, as stated on Facebook, glorious! After showering and shining myself up, I fell asleep for an hour. I never take naps, but when this happens, I chalk it up to "sleep is healthy and I must have needed it." The Mister thought it was funny that I napped. We went out to shop for a minute at Recreation Outlet. We ate lunch at Jim's Family Restaurant (I ordered a gyro). We went food shopping and fueled up the car. I was fading fast, overcome with fatigue. I carried as many groceries as I could up the stairs in one trip, set them down in the kitchen, disrobed, and crawled into bed. Hubby said that was at 3:15 p.m. He decided to wake me up at 6:30 p.m., hoping I wasn't "dead in there." All I can say is that the work involved in wrapping up a school year and getting K moved back from Brigham City, and the emotions involved with saying goodbye to darling children and getting my husband back under the same roof all finally caught up with me. We made chicken enchiladas for dinner and ENJOYED chatting together, over dinner, in our very own dining room. K watched the Celtics win their game while I talked with my sister in Iowa (we had not conversed since March). And off to bed we went for more sleep.

2 comments: