Sunday, June 24, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 12


This is where I go every morning. It completely floors me each and every morning that nobody else is there. I will probably be so disappointed if I go sometime and someone is there. So spoiled! If other people are there, I have to play nice. But when I have the pool to myself, I can do all the exercises I remember from all those water aerobics classes: froggy jumps, cowboy kicks, cross country, etc. I can splash and jump and churn the water with my arms and legs all I want! I've been taking my timer down there to see how long I exercise (I keep moving all the time in the water, sometimes faster, sometimes slower with a varying heart rate depending on the cardio involved) and it always comes out to forty-four minutes something! 44:58, 44:27, 44:40...I can't get over it. I guess my body and my brain have some sort of inner programming going on that forty-five minutes is a great time to stop exercising. So even after forty-five minutes, I still have the whole place to myself! I guess other people go when it's hot in the afternoon to cool off and socialize. The pool capacity is 34 persons, so my exercise routine probably wouldn't go over very well later in the day. I'm just SO GLAD I have the use of this pool and...drum roll please...the TIME to use it!!!

The rest of the day was spent this way: church service, laundry, cooking, cleaning, errands (credit union, library, stuff like that), food shopping, finances and other normal, every day, household things that are part of life. After all, we can't be hiking, camping, and watching DVD's every day, now can we? However, in the afternoon, I completely splurged and got a full body massage!

It had been eight years and seven months since my last massage! I used to get them "all the time!" I held onto Donna's number as well as the punch card she had given me and what do you know...she's still practicing! And she's still honoring the punch card! It was nice, but also a little painful. Donna really worked me over. She didn't like hearing that I've had six surgeries since the last time I saw her. Since the massage, however, my body has felt more loose and "free." As I paid her and prepared to leave, I said, "I don't know when I can come back, Donna, but I want to!"

No comments:

Post a Comment