Thursday, November 20, 2014

TEN!!!



We have been blessed to say we've been married for TEN YEARS!!!

The minute we got engaged I began to worry one of us would die before the actual marriage. I've calmed down a little since then. A little.

My beau surprised me with flowers. From Costco. I sent him there on an errand Monday evening. When he presented them he said, "I looked into having some delivered to your school, but..." I cut him off by interjecting, "That's much too expensive!" And then he finished, "...it was just so expensive." Good call, Honey! Flowers are nice occasionally, but not a requirement for this girl. The real heart-melting comment was when he offered, "I tried to match our wedding colors...did I come close? I remember one of them was sage..." What a DOLL! Who thinks like that?

I gave him a picture book authored by three kindergarten boys and published by Scholastic. It's called How to Get a Girlfriend. It didn't need much more from me but I did write a few extra comments and inserted them via yellow sticky notes. It was perfect.

We plan to continue our anniversary celebration tomorrow. And the day after that. And all the days after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment