Sunday, October 26, 2014

Photographing Pears



If some anthropologist ever goes through the footprint I'm leaving here on Earth, I hope they surmise that I really loved fresh fruit.

A darling fourth grade boy left this pile of pears on my desk a few days ago. I once taught his older sister in fifth grade and long before that, I taught his older brother in Primary. Circle of Life. He is a twin and he made his debut with his sister when the older sister was in my class. And now he's leaving pears on my desk.

I called their home the other evening to thank them all, but his dad handed the phone directly to him. The boy advised, "Wait until they are soft and yellow." Got it.

They have no idea how much I've been enjoying them while they are still green and hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment