Saturday, October 11, 2014

Did you do anything fun over the weekend?



People always ask how our weekend was and whether we did anything fun. Let me tell ya, doing dishes with my husband is fun! It's so great to have him around! I try to appreciate every moment we have together.

Last weekend was General Conference in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We watched from the comfort of our own home both days. On Saturday afternoon, we drove to SLC to meet up with Sachiko who was back in town. We enjoyed a great meal at Tucanos and then took in a film at the Planetarium. It was all the time we had with her. We had to DVR Priesthood Session in order to make time for Sachiko, so we've been watching one talk from that every night this week. Loved Bishop Dean Davies' talk about Fasting. He's a counselor in the Presiding Bishopric and at the moment I can't remember if we call him Bishop or Elder. I think it's Bishop.

This afternoon/evening we went to the fruit stand and purchased some fresh food from Juana, the lady who has been running it for ten years now. She's so nice! Then we went to the grocery store. Not pictured: mushrooms, celery, and greens with herbs. Made a little trip to the library. Watched some football. Took a nap. Did laundry. Cleaned out a storage bin. Exercised. Talked to one of my sisters.

YES!!! I've been having a LOT of fun on my weekends! Life is good. Oh! Almost forgot. Went to see Meet the Mormons on Friday after school with a couple of other teachers. Loved it.

I think I'll close this post with the first two sentences of a text I received from my younger sister today. It could double as the opener of a mystery novel:

Oh, I have to tell you. Of all the random things, we found a dead chicken in our yard today.

No comments:

Post a Comment