Sunday, February 16, 2014

Half a Year!

Half a year is twenty-six weeks. And for half a year, I have been exercising consistently. I have never been more consistent in my entire life. I never exercise on Sundays, but sometimes I exercise twice in one day. I began 19 August 2013 and through yesterday which was 15 February 2014, I have exercised 163 times over the course of 180 days or 26 weeks. K asked about the percentage and it came out to 91%. I can't believe it myself!

Each workout is a minimum of 35 minutes. Everyone says you should exercise for 30 minutes a day, so just to be sure, I decided to go with 35. Also, I have exercised a minimum of 6 days each week which means...every day except Sunday. Just to clarify, this means that I never exercised twice one day in order to make up for a skipped day. No, if I exercised twice in one day, the second time was just a bonus.

The miracle of all of this is that I've been able to make it a priority no matter what. I got through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, K's Birthday, and Valentine's without throwing in the towel! Total miracle. I got through all the traveling we do (I've exercised in SO many states in SO many hotel fitness centers). I've also been able to make it through a couple of nasty colds and another more serious medical issue which involved lots of doctor visits, hospital tests, scary words, and earnest prayer. All of those things have now been resolved. I kept thinking, "If I can keep exercising through all of THIS...then I can keep exercising forever!" Well, you know, someday I WILL stop exercising...but let's not think about that now.

One of the most frightening things about proclaiming all of this to the general public is opening myself up to unwanted comments and judgments. No, the weight is NOT dropping off. It never has. It never will quickly, magically drop off. However, there is a lot of peace involved with knowing that I am giving my best for myself in this department. Also, I can't even begin to enumerate the multiplicity of other benefits that come with regular exercise.

I really don't have too many bragging rights, but following are a few fun things that I can say that not everyone can say. I've never had high blood pressure, but at my last doctor visit it was 114/59. The nurse said, "Woo hoo! That's some GREAT blood pressure you've got there!" I'm not proud of what I weighed on my wedding day, but I can say that I weigh LESS than what I weighed on the day I married. Can YOU say that? Even my sweetie can't say that. Also, I weigh less than what it says on my driver's license. Not everyone can say that either...

The other frightening thing about reporting to you all is that I don't want to jinx myself. They say you should make yourself accountable to someone so you'll be inspired to progress, etc. I don't know...I've been doing great by staying pretty quiet about my daily triumphs. I just thought HALF A YEAR deserved some sort of milestone celebration. I'll go back to being quiet about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment