Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ahhh...Flocked!



Emily and I went snowshoeing again after school yesterday and the Pine Hollow Trail did not disappoint. There was new snow and all the trees were flocked! It was sunny and glorious while we walked in a winter wonderland. We are both participating in the pedometer challenge at school so we were able to add to the team points in a most beautiful setting. The conversation was great too!

The Mister and I had briefly discussed our dinner options the evening prior. However, when I returned home, there was nothing thawed from the freezer. I had forty-five minutes until his arrival. After a short search, I had a plan! But first, a shower.

There have been some late nights at school this week (I presented at our school's Parent Night about reading comprehension) and I'm sure my husband didn't expect one thing. Boy was he surprised when he walked in to find angel hair pasta with meatballs and marinara complete with grated cheese and a side of...broccoli (something green at least!) Fortunately we had enough things on hand that I was able to whip up a hot meal. He would not have minded if I hadn't prepared anything, but my cooking was better than a frozen meal.

Today was a school day for our team. We chose to be at school from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. to collaborate and plan. One of my teammates brought her cocomotion machine and it was just the thing for the chilly school on the weekend. Another brought chips and salsa. Such thoughtfulness! We accomplished some important work and had some great discussions.

Today is also the anniversary of our first date back in 2003. We went to the Cracker Barrel for lunch back then. Today, K chose Golden Corral. We shopped afterward and he purchased new ski socks. I purchased new athletic socks. We stopped at the library for a quick checkout and then hit the grocery store. Still dating after all these years! :)

I love him with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment