Monday, October 29, 2012

I Love My Mom

Today is my mom's birthday and I love her.

I was talking with her over the phone yesterday and it was a pretty typical, casual conversation: do you have snow, what's been going on, what do you think about this, this is what we've been doing, etc.

But it made me so happy just to chat with her. I asked if she had any plans for her birthday. She said she's going to get a perm. That doesn't sound so much like a celebration, does it? However, my mom has had some pretty major health challenges and some things, like going out to a salon, can be difficult. It just made me feel happy for her that she is going to get her hair done.

Maybe it's because I saw the hair dresser myself on Wednesday, the very afternoon we returned from Clear Creek. I decided to have her chop four inches off--something fresh, a little different. It felt good. I want my mom to feel good, fresh, and shined up with a new do!

I just love her.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment