Monday, August 13, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 46


Today was totally a vacation day. I am not yet under contract. However, I know that if I don't practice being under contract, life will be h, ee, double hockey sticks later. So last night, I bravely set my alarm for 4:30 a.m. to get back into the habit of exercising in the early mornings. No, the pool is not open at that time.

I did wake up on time, but did not leave the actual bed until 4:45 a.m. I was out the door at 5:00 a.m. on the nose. Rather than going to the fitness center this morning, I climbed to the third floor TEN times, so I guess we could call that stairmaster. I had an assignment to pass out fliers to 120 homes, so that was my exercise this morning and it took me exactly 46 minutes, but I wasn't trying to break any records.

I studied and showered and ate breakfast and then got to school at 7:29 a.m. which is prit.tee darn good because the contract time is 7:30 a.m. Except for the custodians, I was the first one there, but keep in mind, it's not an actual teacher work day. I worked and worked in my classroom and took a break to say "hi" to coworkers around the building and then worked and worked some more.

My darling husband showed up at 11:30 a.m. to take me to Jimmy John's for lunch and then to the theater to see Avengers. The only reason we saw this movie was because it was an assignment from our new principal. The movie opened 4 May and the letter telling us to see it was postmarked 27 July. That was right before we left on our Great Midwestern Adventure. We tried to see Avengers in the Des Moines area, but it was no longer showing. We thought about watching it on pay-per-view in our hotel room in Laramie, Wyoming on Friday night, but it was late and I had done all the driving from Des Moines that day, so we decided $17 was too big of a risk for someone who often sleeps during movies. Luckily, they are still showing it here and so we went. It's not my type of show, but it turned out better than I thought it would--I liked it more than I would have predicted. Got my homework done!

I worked some more in my classroom this afternoon, promising K I would leave by 5:30 p.m. in order to be home for dinner and Family Home Evening by 6:00 p.m. He smiled and left. I actually left a little after 6:00 p.m., so he couldn't tease me too much about being sucked into the big black hole at school.

Our first corn from our first garden together ever is ripe and we ate some for supper. A couple of the Lemon Boys tomatoes were ripe as well. I think we'll be freezing some of this corn pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment