Saturday, August 11, 2012

BYGTWSO!-Day 44


One of the first things that caught my eye on Opening Day of the Iowa State Fair, Iowa's number one tourist attraction was...an argyle cow. We walked through the Varied Industries building and I thought all the people trying out massage chairs looked funny with their feet up in the air. K had to climb on a John Deere tractor and although I've heard about these turkey legs, I had no idea just how big they were!


I just loved touring the blue ribbon quilts, the fruits and vegetables (my MIL with big cabbage). We rode the Sky Glider up the hill to see photography and other cultural arts. We stopped at the Learning Center to see baby animals. The gestation period for a pig is three months, three weeks, and three days. The babies were "late" so I was disappointed. Nothing like a sow having one last nap before her big moment in front of a million fair visitors. The goat was a day old. I didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I would or as much as everyone says they eat. After the fair, we all ran to the airport to pick up another cousin and his wife. We saw practically everyone in Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment