Sunday, October 30, 2016

Still Wondering Where People Get Their Time

I know, I know, we all have the same 24 hours. I just wonder why I choose to spend mine the way I do. I'm always wondering when people say they've seen something on HGTV, "What IS HGTV and WHEN do you have time to watch it?" Or when people wear new clothes I think, "When do you have the TIME to shop for clothes?!?" You know, stuff like that. Because I am swamped and it's just going to be this way until I finish my graduate classes in December of 2017 and until I'm released from being the stake Primary president (because that might include being released as the Unit Commissioner of two Cub Scout packs). One of my friends asked me if we could go to dinner one evening. I explained, "On Tuesdays I have class, Wednesdays I have Scouts, and Thursdays I have presidency meeting (or Round Table or Commissioner's meeting)." Her response, "Every week? You have this schedule every WEEK?" Yes, yes I do. And then there's, you know, homework. Readings. Papers that are due. Assignments.

So yes, we all choose how to spend our time, but I need credits to re-license in 2017 and I want to serve the Lord in whatever way I can. I tried mentioning how busy I am once to a member of the stake presidency but he had little sympathy because he's busy too. Still, he has a wife in his house all day. My spouse works outside of the home. Sometimes in Wyoming. The laundry and cooking don't just do themselves while we're away at work. The groceries don't drive themselves home and jump in the pantry. Yeah, yeah, the grass is greener on the other side. Still, I was a nanny for five summers and I know I got a lot of other things done and took care of the children by being home all day.

I would like to paint our bedroom and buy new bedding and stuff like that, but...when? I don't have TIME to go traipsing around to various stores, browsing. I don't even have to shop online. I've been on Facebook less and less for these same reasons. Maybe by the time I die I will finally have learned to be as efficient as everyone else around me. I just marvel at everyone else who manages to accomplish so many things in a more balanced way.

I'll stop whining now. I exercise six days a week but only have two pairs of exercise pants, so I need to do laundry stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment