Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day at School, a Career First

My team wanted to meet today even though it's a holiday, so that we could get our summer collaboration over with one day sooner and say "hello" to summer. So we did. We met from 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

I haven't left. I worked on some school planning things and then I did homework for my BYU class. I guess I could have done this homework on Saturday prior to driving to Pocatello, but I chose to clean my home.

It's all my choice. I can't complain. But when I see on Facebook all the fun things people were out doing today, it does make me tempted to feel sorry for myself. Even my husband got to drive back roads from Pocatello to Jackson and then back into the park. And I'm still here at school.

I used to spend a lot of holidays in my classroom prior to being married, but I guess those days aren't over with yet. What a crazy life. I hope this reading endorsement is somehow worth it. My professor emailed us on Friday to say that he sent us the wrong reading for tomorrow night. The correct reading was attached. And then he wished us a nice, long, relaxing weekend.


To add insult to injury, I missed my nephew's graduation in Iowa yesterday. I guess I'm really bad at being a good family member if I spend a holiday by myself at my workplace. How do I get myself into these emotional scrapes? Why am I so responsible about completing work?

No comments:

Post a Comment