Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summah Vacay! Day 1



Tuesday 10 June 2014

So THIS year...I'm just going to refer to my summer vacation posts as "Summah Vacay!" and number the days. In fact, I'm going to shorten it to "SV!" and then follow with the number of summer vacation days thus far.

First of all, I slept in. I stayed up late last night and for the first time in a very long time, I did not set an alarm. Oh what a feeling! I just climbed into bed and threw all caution to the wind, "I will simply sleep until I wake up!" FIVE short hours later...

So that's going to be a summer goal of mine. I've been pretty sleep deprived for quite some time. I'm hoping to get to a more normal amount of sleep (6-7 hours) and focus on that part of my health. I always say that sleep is like medicine, but I've been burning the candle at both ends for about six weeks and I am exhausted.

My exercise this morning was 45 minutes in the pool. Just me and my water aerobics routines. I'm sure the robins and swallows and that lone quail enjoyed the show. I can't believe more people don't come to the pool first thing in the morning. They clean it every morning so that's the prime time in my humble opinion. Plus, I do my best to avoid melanoma.

After swimming I ate soup and crackers for breakfast. I showered. I shaved. I tried to shine. I had to email several people for my calling in stake Primary. And then I met the PTA president to pick up a vinyl sign she made for me. I know a lot of talented folks!

I headed out to my school and classroom! Yes, first day of summer vacation and off I went to work on a few things at school. I have to decide between so many projects this summer. The poetry is calling my name, but really, it would behoove me to get the science units nailed down first. Love science! But poetry has a slight edge here.

After school I drove to the temple. Ah, peace! Just so peaceful!

Grocery store. Spoiled myself with Chobani! It's a real treat for sure. Went a tad wild with avocado, mango, banana, greens, and chicken, but it's all for a good cause.

Laundry, dishes, other household cleaning. It is a blessing to be clean and organized.

Relief Society. So fun to meet up with the ladies in our neighborhood. We made presents to be handed out for Father's Day and then we did speed-chatting. It was great to talk with folks I already know, but it was SO NICE to meet new people as well. And then they had a "Cookie Buffet." I stopped at three.

After Relief Society, we finished our visiting teaching. Good times, people. There are so many incredible women in our ward. I am thankful for these friendships and wonderful examples. I love people!

It has been a Busy, BUSY day of vacationing! I tried to make the most of it...and yes, I did read and study a couple of things somewhere in between all that other stuff. Scheduled some vehicular maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment