Tuesday, May 8, 2018

No Pics at the Moment but We Have a Happy Life and I Love My Husband

Just wanted to say that life is good. Last night, K had dinner in the oven when I got home from school. We swapped stories of the day and dug into Sunday Pork and Potatoes, the first meal he ever made for me which happened to be in May 2004. We watched a general conference talk for Family Home Evening and talked about being spiritually self reliant and receiving personal revelation. We then folded some laundry together which makes the folding of laundry so much more bearable because our conversations continued and the time flew. I flopped on the bed for awhile to continue reading the latest installment of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. I had him carry a box of books to the kitchen table so I could begin wrapping them to give out to my class on the last day of school. We were watching a PBS program about the drought in California and how water in the western United States is a privilege AND a responsibility and we shouldn't be wasting one single drop--such nerds are we. Then he set some ice cream out to get a little soft and we ate that while watching the 10:00 pm news. I got to bed first and played Sudoku on my Kindle while waiting for him to brush his teeth. It was my turn to pray and I fell asleep TWICE during the prayer; he nudged me both times and somehow I finished. I just wanted to say, this is the good life! All these little things...are us. I am grateful.

1 comment: