Monday, May 14, 2018

He Really Likes His Treats

My husband has a sweet tooth the size of Texas. He has a treat cupboard in the kitchen that is too high for me to reach without taking extraordinary measures, so his stash is usually really safe from me.

Yesterday we visited the Elsinore Ward down by Richfield after camping, and they passed out those Utah truffle bars. I took the regular milk chocolate one and K was quite interested in my gift. Then he saw someone else with a mint chocolate bar and encouraged me to trade. Then he asked if I'd be interested in sharing. Uh huh. I always share my Mother's Day chocolate with him. I don't see a way around it.

So I'm still at school and just called him to see what our plans are for the evening. He mentioned that someone has dropped a treat off for me and there's a note with it--we don't know who. He described the treat as a "chocolate brownie with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips on top." I said, "You can eat it now. I don't need it." He said, "No, someone loves YOU and it's for YOU!" I said, "Just open the note and read it to me." He said, "No, you can open it when you get home."

And then he said, "The brownie looks really good though! We'll have to share it." I should have asked him to text a photo of it and then dive right in to eat it. He gets so excited about treats.

1 comment: