Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Ranger Preparing for His Tour of Duty

He leaves on Friday. He's excited. I've already given him my honey-do list of things to accomplish around the house before he leaves (just one task left). TR is so sensitive about asking anything of me because of my busy schedule, so last night after dinner I stood up in front of him at the table (he was turned sideways away from the table. I gave him a kiss and looked him in the eyes and said, "I want to help you get ready. You can ask me to help you with things. You don't have to do everything by yourself. I will cut your hair. I will do your laundry so everything is fresh and ready for packing. Yes, it's a busy week for me, but I am your helpmeet so you had better let me help while you get all of your ranger ducks in a row. And I will make potato salad for you for Sunday Dinner"

His response, "But Sunday is Mother's Day and I don't want you to have to do anything!" Well, too bad, Mister. You are going to get potato salad!

So then we talked about today, Saturday. I just have one appointment at 11:00 a.m. I wanted to know his schedule, his errands, how we could collaborate and accomplish things together. And this is one of the reasons I admire him so greatly:

"The only thing I have to do is get to the temple."

No comments:

Post a Comment