Saturday, November 26, 2016

Christmas Central



Well, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. At least in our guest bedroom which has no actual bed. However, that has not deterred five guests from staying with us anyway.

Even my husband looked in and exclaimed, "Oh, Cute!"

All I did was cut the tops off last year's Christmas cards and stick them onto the bags. Cuz I'm cheap like that. Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. I'm so glad to have my student gifts ready to go.

So, we've been saving random boxes for Christmas gift wrapping and I've been looking through our supplies: wrapping paper, tissue, ribbons, and gift bags. I'm mainly posting because I just wanted to capture the way my darling husband goes about wrapping. He buys my gifts and then he buys the largest gift bag he can find (seriously, you could fit like three dogs in one bag), and then he shoves them all into the bag, and writes "Sweetie" on the tag. I adore him. I then use these giant gift bags to store wrapping supplies. Currently I have a giant bag from last Christmas and one from my birthday in the summer. He has picked up on my reuse/recycle habit and has been known to empty an entire giant gift bag of all its contents to shove new presents inside (without needing to write "Sweetie" again). I love this man more than I can say. He gets the job done.

I have not left the house since we hauled groceries in from Costco on Wednesday. I have accomplished so much within the walls of our own home! I have so much I need to accomplish outside the walls of our own home, but I'm just going to milk this opportunity for all it's worth because Monday is headed this way!

1 comment: