Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Precious Candy Cane

Bet you thought I was going to write some sort of Christmas Parable...nope.

A student brought candy canes for her birthday yesterday to share with the class. Those kids are experts on sucking their canes until they get the sharpest, SHARPEST point possible--a rite of American Childhood I'm sure! I always marvel at how much children love plain old sugar hard candy compared to chocolate and caramel and nuts. They will do almost anything for a Smarties (or a Dum-Dum).

One student approached at one point holding a partially eaten candy cane. This student explained their misfortune of having dropped their treat on the floor. The question was, "Is it okay if I wash this off in the sink?"

My reply, "Whatever floats your boat."

Out of the six thousand questions I'm asked daily, I just didn't have it in me to pontificate about that one.

Ah, the precious candy cane...

No comments:

Post a Comment